Thursday, July 2, 2009

Prsuta 3 wine bar on Hvar Island


No doubt, Prsuta 3 is the coziest wine bar on Hvar Island, if not in Dalmacia.


I'm chilling out with a glass of Cara Prosip

This place is run by Vidan a friendly and open minded person. One feels more like being at home than a guest at the bar.

It's obviously, to me anyway, he inherited this hospitality from his father barba Ive who runs a deli shop at the green market.


Barba Ive at work at his deli shop


I've been there quite a few time and had a chance to sample dozen... if not more wines from it's extensive library...

I’m pleased to share with you some of my notes (My thoughts on Croatian wine).


When you are hungry, order a plate of a classic dalmatian antipasto.

Vidan pays special attention to the antipasti choices on his menu, and offers a mix of home made prosciutto, cheese, bread, olive and tartufi oil...

Guests are coming from everywhere and all are drunken with the good atmosphere... poets, lawyers, preachers, gamblers... and of course, engineers wanna-a-be opera, wine, food, art critic ;-)

If you are around, go for it.

No comments: