Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Restaurant Lykavittos Hill, a guest blog post

I decided to ask some of my friends to contribute to my blog especially about restaurants, wines, performances and such from the places I'm not going to visit in foreseeable future.

This time around it is about Athens, Greece a neighboring country to my home country, Macedonia.

Unfortunately, my friend Emi has only provided me with a pictures and notes... so, I don't have much info about the restaurant, precise dish names nor location. So, this is only inspirational post.


Potato potage...


lobster soup with vegetables and fruits: dense taste of Bouillon from lobster...


grilled bull with sliced Greek local cheese and herbs...


monk fish with creamy sauce and grilled tomatoes...


lemon & lime sorbet: refreshing a mouth...


dessert: millefeuille with vanilla ice cream....


hot chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream... also there was a Greek specialty, Moussaka... but the picture is too blurry.

Everything was washed down with:


white wine: produced northern Greece close to Macedonia, it has rich flavor...


red wine: Greek local production, between full body and medium body, wild and nicely earthy taste.

If you like what you see, she told me that she remembers how one can exactly get there, so just let me know then I can try to give navigation!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FYI, they have Kobe beef on the list of main dish, but unfortunately, nobody was up for it on that occasion ... but I assume it's worth trying, so please make a comment if you (anybody reading this) ever have a chance to taste it! :)

Emi