Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Summer 2008 - Part II

My good friends Kurt and Gitte have decided to understand the myths, taboos, legends, and folklore of Republic of Macedonia. So, they visited Macedonia and we had a wonderful time together. Actually, they can handle me and my cultural oddities much easier now :p

As a warm up, I'll start with a less known trivia: the Slavonic alphabet is spread from city of Ohrid to all the Slavs.

I hope you'll enjoy pictures from some wonderful and magical places in Macedonia.


Skopje Cafe Life


Traditional Macedonian "tapas"


Around Matka Canyon


Around Matka Canyon


Around Matka Canyon


St. Jovan Kaneo in Ohrid


Kiwi at my parents summer house :-)


Me and my friend Pepi flying around in the sky


St. Naum in Ohrid


Mavrovo


Kozjak


Vrelo Cave is located in the Canyon of Matka near the Macedonian capital of Skopje. It is a system of two caves, one above and one underneath the water, and a small lake.


The depth of the submerged cave is over 500m.


It also has ca. three meter high stalagmite.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Vrelo Cave: The depth is 190m (confirmed by a human dive). The lenght is over 500m to the deepest record dive point.
Stalactites on the picture above.