Saturday, January 9, 2010

Exploring Macedonia: Chateau Kamnik

Sitting in a wine bare, swirling a glass of a good Austrian red wine and enjoying my last day for this year in Ischgl, reminds me on Macedonian wines...

The Macedonian wines have long history, although never around the top wines. This is changed last couple of years; especially after 2004 and creation of Chateau Kamnik.


Beautify vines fields outside the chateau...


some of the chateau awards...


white wine aging in the tanks...


and most high-quality wines receive aging in a vats, where they go through the fermentation period...


inside the chateau cellar...


It is right time for red wine together with Iki - Ilija Malinkovski, the owner of the winery.


I had wonderful experience of a barrel tasting of Chateau Kamnik different labels from 2008 and 2009.

I just feel a harmony between energy and sensuality; I'm amazed, especially by the red, dubbed "Two Barrels" the wine aged two times in new French oak barrels for almost two years. Extraordinarily silky and sensual... I'm look forward to taste after bottling.

1 comment:

irenavs said...

the time of macedonian wines will come soon !