Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tim Ho Wan @ Hong Kong, Michelin 1 Star@10€


I've wait ca. 90 minutes at Tim Ho Wan, just few hours before my flight to Shanghai... and I've been lucky! People ware nervous, agitated... actually quite strange and unceremonious for Chinese...


BUT, the prawn dumplings, pork buns... tasted as haven and it cost less than 10€! If I compare this to other bills I've paid at at other Michelin-starred restaurants... simply I can't believe!


The prawn wrapped in delicate, rice pastry... a food amazingly inspirational and tasty!


Steamed to a perfection.... and yet with some crisp texture... actually completely contra-intuitive; I've checked few time what's in it!


And when the food is fried, well just amazing!

The man behind is Mak Pui Gor, the former dim sum master at three-starred restaurant Lung King Heen at Hong Kong's Four Seasons Hotel. I believe this explains everything!

Don't miss this one! Just take a number and stand in line...

Rating: 9.1 (out of 10.0)

Tim Ho Wan
Shop 8, 2-20 Kwong Wa Street, Mong Kok,
Kowloon, HK

No comments: